We have experienced trainer team who delivers various trainings on bamboo furniture making in both the domestic ( Bali , Lombok , Central Java , Aceh , Kalimantan , Central Sulawesi , North Sulawesi , Riau , West Sumatra , West Java ) and abroad ( Malaysia , Papua New Guinea , Thailand , the Philippines , Timor Leste)
Goal:To provide technical skill on bamboo furniture making)
Target:At the end of training participant will be able to produce several types of bamboo furniture
Output: Several basic type of bamboo furniture produced by participants during training (depends on the length/duration of training)
Number of Participants: Minimum number of participants on each training is 3 person, with 1 trainer and 1 facilitator. Ideal ratio trainer : participant is 1:5. One trainer will be effective in training 5 participants
- Bamboo Knife
- Bamboo Chisel
- Hand Saw
- Wooden Hammer
- Meter Scale
- Note book
- Brush and bucket
- Bamboo pole in mix diameter from 4-9 cm (bigger diameter to produce sofa)
- Rattan or synthetic rope
- Yellow glue
- White glue
- Small nail
- Wooden dowel if necessary
- Natural resin
- Species, characteristic, utilization on furniture
- Basic principle on connection
Pengenalan alat / Introduction to tools
- Sharpening and maintaining tools
- How to use the tools)
Practice on bamboo furniture making
- Creating hole using bamboo knife and chisel, using untreated bamboo.
- Preparing bamboo split
- Creating bamboo sofa frame type - A
- Creating bamboo sofa frame type - B
- Creating of bamboo dining set
- Lazy/beach chair frame.
- Long sofa frame
- Big sofa with bigger diameter bamboo.
Filling the hole.
- Filling the hollow part with soft wood/bamboo.
- Rattan weave.
- Material for finishing
- Mixture of finishing materials
Maintenance and storage of bamboo furniture.
Tips on how to choos good bamboo pole for furniture.